Continued Support Throughout Your Clinical Trials
Your physician, nurse, and research team are available to walk you and your family through the clinical trial process every step of the way.
Because controlling, monitoring and recording all elements of the clinical trial is critical to the study’s success, participants are closely watched and cared for.
Additional Oversight and Safety Monitoring
At the federal level there are rules in place to help ensure the safety and ethics of clinical trials.
You will be protected through:
- The informed consent process
- Careful review and approval of the clinical trial protocol by:
- Scientific experts
- An Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Ongoing monitoring of the trial by:
- The Institutional Review Board
- Data and Safety Monitoring Boards (DSMBs) for phase 3 trials
- The organization sponsoring the trial
- The research team
Before you make the decision to leave Oklahoma on a quest for novel new drugs and personalized medicine, please check with local treatment facilities specializing in pediatric and adult cancer.